1. Pastels. Don’t knock ‘em til you try ‘em. From Burberry to Jason Wu and Prabal Gurung, they were everywhere during the spring ’14 runway presentations.
2. Savory Pancakes. We aren’t talking about your typical breakfast-for-dinner kind of fare.
3. Recyclable bags. This certainly isn’t a new trend, but with many cities beginning to ban plastic bags and stores charging for their paper bags, it’s time to make this fad an everyday part of your routine. Check out this website for cute ones!
5. Collarless Coats. Chic open necklines took center stage over their typical collared counterparts last September when designers revealed their spring collections. Everyone from BCBG Max Azria to Rachel Zoe and J. Crew to Thakoon are already on this band wagon.
6. The Year of Brazil. As this summer’s host site of the World Cup and the 2016 Olympics, expect to see Brazilian influences popping up in your food, closet, and even in your best friend’s passport.
7. Cauliflower. I doubt that kale or brussel sprouts are going anywhere any time soon, but this year’s star veggie is most likely going to be cauliflower. Try using it has a healthy alternative instead of rice, mashed potatoes, or pizza crust.
8. Crop Tops. Be bold and give it a try! 3.1 Phillip Lim, Tracy Reese, and Lela Rose were all sporting them on their spring 2014 runways.
9. The Smarter Home. This Philips Hue would be a perfect gift for someone who is tech savvy. With these special LED bulbs, you can change the tones of the light in each room from warmer to cooler, white, red, to blue all with the click of your iPhone. They also only run on 8 watts which translates into huge energy savings. Also, check out Nest for more smarty pants technology for your home.
10. SUP Yoga. This is a fitness regime that I’m dying to try, but with the 45 minute commute to the beach, it will probably keep it from ever becoming part of my weekly routine.
11. An Orange Lip. This tangerine hue is much sweeter for spring and summer than her rosy red winter counterpart. Stock up now.
12. Navy Interiors. Watch for this rich, saturated shade to be popping up in all your favorite interiors. Whether you’re bold enough to paint a wall or add in a throw pillow, hop on this trend now.
13. Graphic Prints. Graphic prints are going to be huge all year long.
14. Go to the Caribbean. Travel experts are predicting that the Caribbean will be a very popular travel destination in 2014.