I have a huge obsession with necklaces as my favorite accessory
Here is a quick and easy guide on how to wear your favorite necklace
It’s hard to believe that it’s almost 2014 in only one more day! It feels like only yesterday that I was celebrating 2013…As cliche as it sounds time flies by way too fast! Even though I’m only 23 years old and still have many more years in my life, I can honestly say that 2013 was a year of growth and stress for me. I have only lived in Los Angeles for a little over a year, but it feels like so much longer.
In 2013, I was attending FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising) for my degree in Visual Communications. It was honestly a dream come true to be able to attend such a well-known design school in the heart of LA. The school was definitely tough and made me work harder than I ever have before. Some people think because the school is based on fashion that it must be easy, but they are dead wrong. While attending FIDM, it made me realize that it’s about putting the time and dedication into your work because ultimately you want to do something that is going to make you proud and that you want to show to others and be able to use the skills acquired in life for your career. Through the sweat and the tears, I finished and can say that I am a more confident and hard working person because I attended FIDM.
While living in LA in 2013, it was really hard to be away from my friends. Even though, I live with my boyfriend, sometimes a girl just needs her best friend to laugh with and gossip.
Living with Jeff has had it’s ups and down. We aren’t perfect, but I know we’re always there for each other. I love him and appreciate everything he does for us. I hope in 2014, that I can start providing more for him and that our relationship continues to grow and we achieve our goals and dreams.
As of right now, my biggest goal and hope for the new year is that I find my dream job in fashion. I’m very passionate about visual merchandising, styling, and being in any field that allows me to be creative. Even though we all need money to be successful, I just want to be happy and know that everyday that I go to work that I’m doing something I love.
Thanks for reading
It’s no secret that I’m an organized clean freak. I think being organized can really make your life less stressful. We all have to wear clothes and wouldn’t it be nice to keep all your clothes organized so you don’t have trouble finding what you want to wear and to keep your clothes newer and more wearable longer. Throughout the years I have come up with a few tips and tricks to keeping your clothes organized.
-Light weight knits
Learn how to bring out the best in your own eyes simply by wearing complimentary colors!
If you have….
Pale blue eyes: wear lilac or pastel pink
Light brown eyes: honey brown or green
Dark green eyes: plum or peach
Mid-to-dark blue eyes: peach or gold
Pale green eyes: lavender or blue-gray
Dark brown eyes: olive green or camel brown
Hazel eyes (like me): emerald green or purple
When you enhance your eyes, what you’re really doing is enhancing your whole look. People are naturally drawn to eyes so go ahead and give yours the boost they deserve!
1. What am I most proud of this year?
-Graduating college at FIDM with a degree in visual communications.
2. How can I become a better _____________?
-Significant other. I know I love Jeff with all my heart, but sometimes I can be selfish and impatient.
3. Where am I feeling stuck?
– Those three little letters, J-O-B. Which I don’t have at the moment. I don’t want to be forced back into a world of retail jobs, but I’m struggling to find a job that I actually want to have and I feel like I’m standing still.
4. Where do I need to allow myself grace?
– I constantly say that I am going to be kinder to myself and not constantly criticize every single thing that I do, but I always revert back to this habit of self-berating. I have to learn how to build myself up rather than beat myself down.
5. Am I passionate about my career?
– Answer three should pretty much answer that. For now, I am still searching for my way in this department.
6. What lessons have I learned?
– To take nothing for granted.
7. What did my finances look like?
– I really don’t like to discuss money with others, but for this I will. I’ve been broke the past year with no job while I was attending college.
8. How did I spend my free time?
– Spending time with loved ones, reading lots of books, being with my best friend, and exploring living in LA.
9. How well did I take care of my body, mind, and soul?
-I could have been much better about taking care of all of the above, but I did start working out more and eating healthy on a regular basis.
10. How have I been open-minded?
– I like to think that I’m always pretty open minded. I can’t actually think of a specific scenario when that was shown this year, but I try to never judge someone or something too quickly.
11. When did I feel most creatively inspired?
– I’ve felt very creative ever since we moved. Pinterest, of course, always has me feeling inspired, but living with my parents limited what I could do and moving into my own apartment has given me the chance to go crazy.
12. What projects have I completed?
– None that I can think of.
13. How have I procrastinated?
– I pride myself in being highly organized so I would say I never procrastinated this year.
14. In what ways can I re-structure my time?
– I need to wake up earlier and prioritize a list of what needs to be done.
15. How have I allowed fear of failure to hold me back?
– This is one of my biggest faults, honestly. My fear of failing ignites my anxiety and I turn into disaster. Again, it’s something that I am constantly trying to work my way through.
16. Where has self-doubt taken over?
– When I lost my job, I didn’t know what I was going to do. I applied for every single job posted online, dropped off resumes and just went nuts. After a while, I finally stepped back and realized that I HAD to find something fulfilling, not just something that will pay the bills. But I didn’t know where to begin. I am the first person to tell myself that I don’t belong anywhere and that I’m just no good in general. I’m very harsh to myself.
17. When have I felt the most alive?
-The day that I finished college in September.
18. How have I taught others to respect me?
– I don’t actually know how to answer that. I try my best in everything I do. Whether or not people respect me for it is something that you will have to ask others.
19. How can I improve my relationships?
– Go see my answer to question 2 and apply it to all other relationships that I have in my life.
20. Have I been unfair to anyone?
– I’m certain that I have. Like I said in question 2, I have the ability to only see my own suffering in the heat of the moment and it causes me to be selfish.
21. Who do I need to forgive? (feel free to be vague in your actual post answer)
– Although I know the answer to this question, I’m not going to answer. It’s more personal and private than I care to share at this time.
22. Where is it time to let go?
– Probably the same answer as above. When there’s nothing that can be done to fix damage that has been done, it’s hard not to feel frozen in time.
23. What old habits would I like to release?
– That good old habit of treating myself like crap. Also, procrastinating and being lazy when I need to get things done… that should probably go too 😉
24. What new habits would I like to cultivate?
– Being totally productive all the time! And just being a better person in all aspects of my life.
25. How can I be kind to myself?
– By reminding myself that my mistakes aren’t the end of the world and by NOT tearing myself down. And by not putting so much pressure on myself in everything that I do. If it’s more than I can handle, ask for help.
Thanks for reading 🙂
Winter in LA is all about wearing different layers. LA in the winter time can be really weird and almost nonexistent. After all, it’s a city built on a desert. So basically my biggest piece of advice is you have to be prepared to take some clothes off and put some back on later.
Here’s some easy suggestions for anyone who lives in LA or who plans on visiting
2. light cardigan
3. heavy sweater
4. coat or jacket
5. pair of pants
6. fashionable comfy boots
Hi and welcome to my little corner of the internet. I decided to start this blog to write about my daily life and my journey of entering in the fashion world in the city of Los Angeles. I’ve been trying to become a big believer in letting life take me to the unknown.