1. What am I most proud of this year?
-Graduating college at FIDM with a degree in visual communications.
2. How can I become a better _____________?
-Significant other. I know I love Jeff with all my heart, but sometimes I can be selfish and impatient.
3. Where am I feeling stuck?
– Those three little letters, J-O-B. Which I don’t have at the moment. I don’t want to be forced back into a world of retail jobs, but I’m struggling to find a job that I actually want to have and I feel like I’m standing still.
4. Where do I need to allow myself grace?
– I constantly say that I am going to be kinder to myself and not constantly criticize every single thing that I do, but I always revert back to this habit of self-berating. I have to learn how to build myself up rather than beat myself down.
5. Am I passionate about my career?
– Answer three should pretty much answer that. For now, I am still searching for my way in this department.
6. What lessons have I learned?
– To take nothing for granted.
7. What did my finances look like?
– I really don’t like to discuss money with others, but for this I will. I’ve been broke the past year with no job while I was attending college.
8. How did I spend my free time?
– Spending time with loved ones, reading lots of books, being with my best friend, and exploring living in LA.
9. How well did I take care of my body, mind, and soul?
-I could have been much better about taking care of all of the above, but I did start working out more and eating healthy on a regular basis.
10. How have I been open-minded?
– I like to think that I’m always pretty open minded. I can’t actually think of a specific scenario when that was shown this year, but I try to never judge someone or something too quickly.
11. When did I feel most creatively inspired?
– I’ve felt very creative ever since we moved. Pinterest, of course, always has me feeling inspired, but living with my parents limited what I could do and moving into my own apartment has given me the chance to go crazy.
12. What projects have I completed?
– None that I can think of.
13. How have I procrastinated?
– I pride myself in being highly organized so I would say I never procrastinated this year.
14. In what ways can I re-structure my time?
– I need to wake up earlier and prioritize a list of what needs to be done.
15. How have I allowed fear of failure to hold me back?
– This is one of my biggest faults, honestly. My fear of failing ignites my anxiety and I turn into disaster. Again, it’s something that I am constantly trying to work my way through.
16. Where has self-doubt taken over?
– When I lost my job, I didn’t know what I was going to do. I applied for every single job posted online, dropped off resumes and just went nuts. After a while, I finally stepped back and realized that I HAD to find something fulfilling, not just something that will pay the bills. But I didn’t know where to begin. I am the first person to tell myself that I don’t belong anywhere and that I’m just no good in general. I’m very harsh to myself.
17. When have I felt the most alive?
-The day that I finished college in September.
18. How have I taught others to respect me?
– I don’t actually know how to answer that. I try my best in everything I do. Whether or not people respect me for it is something that you will have to ask others.
19. How can I improve my relationships?
– Go see my answer to question 2 and apply it to all other relationships that I have in my life.
20. Have I been unfair to anyone?
– I’m certain that I have. Like I said in question 2, I have the ability to only see my own suffering in the heat of the moment and it causes me to be selfish.
21. Who do I need to forgive? (feel free to be vague in your actual post answer)
– Although I know the answer to this question, I’m not going to answer. It’s more personal and private than I care to share at this time.
22. Where is it time to let go?
– Probably the same answer as above. When there’s nothing that can be done to fix damage that has been done, it’s hard not to feel frozen in time.
23. What old habits would I like to release?
– That good old habit of treating myself like crap. Also, procrastinating and being lazy when I need to get things done… that should probably go too 😉
24. What new habits would I like to cultivate?
– Being totally productive all the time! And just being a better person in all aspects of my life.
25. How can I be kind to myself?
– By reminding myself that my mistakes aren’t the end of the world and by NOT tearing myself down. And by not putting so much pressure on myself in everything that I do. If it’s more than I can handle, ask for help.
Thanks for reading 🙂