so I finally got a job….YAY! It’s at a tv station doing master control operator. In other words, I have to make sure that the monitors and the channel is running smoothly and everything is going good and there is no problems with the channel. I only work part-time on Satuday and Sundays from 12am to 8am. It will probably be rough getting use to the schedule the first month, but I know it will all be worth it when I get paid and know that I’m making my own money and I’m able to financially help Jeff out and support myself. I’m going to continue to job hunt for a job in the fashion industry, but for now I’m just happy to have a job because I know with this job market it’s very tough. I just have to keep positive and know that God is challenging me for a reason and this job is suppose to teach me a lesson about myself to become stronger and to slowly become more and more independent. I’m very thankful for this opportunity and I’m definitely going to make the best of it.
Hey Guys! I can’t believe it’s the last day of February! This month flew by extra fast! It’s that time again where I share with you my monthly favorites. I hope you enjoy and if you have any questions feel free to comment 🙂
This comes in another shade, but this one works best for my skin tone
Adds the perfect amount of glow and shimmer to your face
The most perfect sandal that goes with everything.
I tried spray deodorant for the first time this month and love it
Goes with everything and I have worn this necklace more times than I would like to admit
My guinea pig Daisy 🙂
Thank you for reading
drinking: wine and coffee – of course!
reading: Flowers in the Attic. I would highly recommend it.
wanting: ….to Trust…and to always feel the joy of contentment. Even when times are challenging.
looking: at ways to budget my money better from week to week.
playing: with my guinea pig Daisy.
wasting: gas driving around LA
wishing: that I owned a home
enjoying: life and time with my boyfriend…and the peaceful weekend afternoons I have been having lately.
waiting: for Summer
liking: anything with floral print
wondering: when I’ll get a job
loving: Hart of Dixie
hoping: to have a job soon
marveling: at God’s plans…
needing: to grocery shop
wearing: gym clothes
following: my intuition
noticing: how lonely i feel lately
knowing: life is short. I am blessed and that I need to recognize it more.
thinking: about my future
bookmarking: clothes i want to buy when i have more money
opening: the fridge to get a glass of water
giggling: at hart of dixie
feeling: excited and ready to move on to the next chapter of life…even when my insides flutter a little bit thinking about it.
As much as I love Jeff, my number one Valentine has always been myself, and you should feel that way too. What I’m saying is you should love yourself. Not me, obviously. Here are my picks for February 14th. If you don’t have any plans for that night, I’ll be posting ideas for that soon.
Edible 3D Hearts
Lady Gaga Fame Perfume
I’m starting a new series on my blog called my monthly favorites. At the end of every month I will post what I was loving that month. So let’s get started!
1. These pajama pants are so incredibly comfy and warm. I love them so much. I’m so happy that I bought them and would definitely recommend them. Not only are they comfy, but they are also super cute.
2. I got this nail polish set for Christmas from my best friend, Heidi. It’s perfect. It literally has every color that I love and the colors come out very pigmented and polish dries fast.
3. This book was great. I couldn’t put it down and it kept me entertained all the way through. I’m probably going to buy more books from this author in the future.
4. Way better than peanut butter and I eat it on everything: apples, with my oatmeal, on bread, with pretzel, etc. It’s super healthy and it tastes amazing 🙂
5. I’m in love with the smell of this perfume and use it everyday.
6. One word: Delicious! Tastes great with a splash of milk.
7. This wine is low in alcohol but tastes really good. It would be perfect in the summer.
8. This is just an example of one of the scarves that I own, but I have been wearing a scarf with almost every outfit lately, not because its been cold, but because I love infinity scarves and feel like they can really spice up and add character to an outfit.
9. I love how soft and shiny this makes my hair.
10. These shoes go with everything.
Thanks for reading 🙂
My best friend Heidi and I 🙂
Shirt: V Generation
Jeans: JC Penney
Scarf: Charlotte Russe
I bought the skirt at Charlotte Russe and the necklaces at Forever 21
Today I spend 10 hours with my best friend 🙂 It’s always a great day when we’re together. It feels so good to vent and talk shit, talk about life, get lunch, go shopping, and drink wine with the one person who understands you best and you can tell them everything and anything and feel the most comfortable. It’s been tough living two hours apart, but luckily we have been able to make it work and see each other every couple months. Today we walked around the two local malls by my apartment and then just came back to the apartment to talk and drink wine. Time flew by so fast! It was a great end to my weekend 🙂
Step One: Leave the kids at home
In fact, don’t bring anyone who doesn’t want to shop as much or as little as you do. This includes your friends and significant other too. Bring someone who has the same goals as you, or go alone. Your experience will be a lot more fun and satisfying! You’ll get more done and won’t be distracted—plus, whoever is with you won’t be sitting around bored waiting for you.
Step Two: No question is a stupid question
Once in the store, find a sales associate and ask questions! Describe the items you like online, or better yet give her the exact style number. If you’re looking for a petite, tall, or plus-size section, ask where you can find it. Ask about current sales, promotions, and specials. Associates are trained to help you with these questions. They are there to help. They want you leave the store happy so you’ll want to come back.
Step Three: Seek Advice
This is definitely important if you are shopping alone or shopping with a too-nice friend. Different body types, skin tones, and hair styles look better in certain styles and not-so-good in others.