If you’ll be with your main squeeze
Have a picnic at a park or at the beach
Stay home and have a romantic dinner
Go out for frozen yogurt
Make your own handmade card
For all the Single Ladies out there
Watch movies with a bottle of wine
all the Single Ladies
Let’s face it, gift buying for men is about as easy as navigating through Best Buy on black Friday. It’s not a task for the faint of heart. This Valentine’s Day, I challenge you to avoid boring gift cards, and instead, give a gift that not only that he’ll love, but you’ll love just as much.
1. Fierce by Abercrombie and Fitch
2. Drop Catch Bottle Opener A smart way to keep from finding bottle caps all over after a party.
3. The Craft Beer Cook Book
4. Rocking Whiskey Glasses A fun function that also lets the liquid breathe.
5. Ray-Ban Folding Clubmaster A classic and stylish gift for all the cool fellas out there.
6. I’m so in love with this Medera Poquito Minimal Wallet
7. Void Watch I love Void’s wide selection of watches from modern to retro.
8. Carbon Fiber 3D Printer
9. Writable, Reusable Home Brew Bottle Labels That would be a great companion gift for number three.
10. Hyper Glide Razor A self-lubricating cartridge that creates its own shaving gel when it comes in contact with water.
11. These Copper Measuring Cups are perfect for any man who loves to cook.
Thanks for reading
As much as I love Jeff, my number one Valentine has always been myself, and you should feel that way too. What I’m saying is you should love yourself. Not me, obviously. Here are my picks for February 14th. If you don’t have any plans for that night, I’ll be posting ideas for that soon.
Edible 3D Hearts
Lady Gaga Fame Perfume
Flats: For flat shoes, wear a skinny boyfriend jean cuffed at the bottom or left to scrunch at the bottom
Heels: Heels look great with any pair of jeans, but are a must with trouser jeans. You need to give your legs length when you wear jeans that have a lot of fabric and bell out at the bottom.
Boots: Flared and cropped denim (or boyfriend jeans) go best with boots.
Sneakers: Go well with all jeans, especially those high heeled sneakers.
Thanks for reading XOXOXO
Think you gained weight? Think again….You may not have gained weight, but you may just be a victim of vanity sizing. From a study by Mint.com, women spent 32 million on clothes last year and that’s partially why vanity sizing exists. If you measure jeans, all the same size (2, 4, 6 traditional sizing) but from different stores, the inches in the waist band will be different. There’s really no size 6, it’s whatever the store decides to make it. There are so many cuts and styles of jeans out there, that it hasn’t been regulated. Ultimately the best way to buy jeans is to be number blind and use these steps to find clothes that fit you.
5 Steps to Find Your Size, Every Time:
1. Reclaim your size and understand that the numbers in the clothing aren’t always true.
2. Have a trusted brand. You have to know what brands work for you, especially if you shop online.
3. Consider the cut that you’re wearing.
4. Beware of stores that have young branding — some of these size them very differently. They want to target a teen demographic and make others feel younger, skinnier and smaller.
5. Know your measurements and shop with a tape measure!
I’m starting a new series on my blog called my monthly favorites. At the end of every month I will post what I was loving that month. So let’s get started!
1. These pajama pants are so incredibly comfy and warm. I love them so much. I’m so happy that I bought them and would definitely recommend them. Not only are they comfy, but they are also super cute.
2. I got this nail polish set for Christmas from my best friend, Heidi. It’s perfect. It literally has every color that I love and the colors come out very pigmented and polish dries fast.
3. This book was great. I couldn’t put it down and it kept me entertained all the way through. I’m probably going to buy more books from this author in the future.
4. Way better than peanut butter and I eat it on everything: apples, with my oatmeal, on bread, with pretzel, etc. It’s super healthy and it tastes amazing 🙂
5. I’m in love with the smell of this perfume and use it everyday.
6. One word: Delicious! Tastes great with a splash of milk.
7. This wine is low in alcohol but tastes really good. It would be perfect in the summer.
8. This is just an example of one of the scarves that I own, but I have been wearing a scarf with almost every outfit lately, not because its been cold, but because I love infinity scarves and feel like they can really spice up and add character to an outfit.
9. I love how soft and shiny this makes my hair.
10. These shoes go with everything.
Thanks for reading 🙂